Motherboard Problem

I have an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe motherboard. I worked fine for about 7 months when it started to have a really loud grinding noise. I thought that it was the fans in the case. Then the noise stopped and the computer started to go really slow. I opened up the side of the case and discovered that the Chipset fan had died. It stopped moving completely and even resisted attempts for me to turn it manually with a pen. I looked on the Asus website and discovered that they have stopped making the same design of this board (they got rid of the fan and put in a heatsink pipe). Any suggestions as to what to do? I have tried to remove the fan, but it appears to be stuck. I have emailed the Asus tech support, but being tech support, i have no idea as to when they will get back to me and with what kind of help =/

Just a thought: did you completely remove your Motherboard, the springy things around the fan, and used a lot of twisting force?

If it gets off, just buy a new fan. But Asus probably has a warranty on the thing

i ended up having to remove the motherboard from the case since the fan had some push pins holding it in place and the only way to detach it was to chop off the bottoms from the underside of the board. I ended up just buying a new fan since i cannot afford to have my computer inoperable for an extended period while i wait to get the motherboard fixed.