How do I hack my DS using Super Card

03bgood

Because I bought this last July or August (I forget what month) and I can only run NES games under RocketNES and it's crap. I downlaod FlashMe but I can't get it to work? It's in NDS format but It wouldn't execute when I selected it on the SC menu. I've also heard that I have to slightly modify my DS but I can't get PassMe to run on my DS, I get a white screen. How do I get FlashMe to work and will this allow any hombrew application or emulator work?

Edited by 03bgood

Because I bought this last July or August (I forget what month) and I can only run NES games under RocketNES and it's crap. I downlaod FlashMe but I can't get it to work? It's in NDS format but It wouldn't execute when I selected it on the SC menu. I've also heard that I have to slightly modify my DS but I can't get PassMe to run on my DS, I get a white screen. How do I get FlashMe to work and will this allow any hombrew application or emulator work?

Number of things I need to know here...

1. Do you have an original DS or a DS Lite?

2. What model of Supercard are you using, and what model PassMe as well?

And to answer your question: FlashMe is only a firmware mod that makes it so you don't need to use PassMe or WifiMe anymore; however, you will still need to use homebrew apps/games/emulators that are compatible with your SuperCard.

NOTE: Just so you know, installing FlashMe WILL void your warranty, and there is a chance it will brick your DS. If you choose to go through with installation, you do so at your own risk.

Well, I've got an original DS and I got it back in Chirstmas of 2004 (When they first came out) and I was wondering if the Super Pass will work and do I need FlashMe installed on the Super Card, I can't seem to run the application and it's in NDS format. Can you tell me how to do all this and how do I check what firmware my Super Card and PassMe is?

Also my DS firmware version is V2 and I don't know how to make that black screen with white text appear, I opened my battery lid and removed the paper cork but when I boot up my DS with the SuperPass intact and nothing happens it just goes to the main screen. Do I need to stick a needle or something to hold the hole where the cork was originally was and hold on it? I really want to run emulators and homebrew on my DS, I'm sick of running it on the PSP! So I'd like to check out the DS homebrew as well!

To sum it all up, how do I run PassMe on Super Pass?

Edited by 03bgood

I think you're getting your terms mixed around here, first off.

PassMe - A passthrough device that lets you run NDS homebrew from a GBA flashcart.

Super Pass - A passthrough device, exactly the same as the PassMe.

Super Card - The flashcart you put all your homebrew onto, which then goes into the GBA slot of your DS.

FalshMe - A firmware replacement for the DS that makes it so you will no longer need a PassMe or a Super Pass.

Instructions:

1. Download the latest version of FlashMe from HERE.

2. Put it onto your SuperCard the same way you would put any other homebrew game/app onto it, only make sure of two things: 1, FlashMe should be the ONLY thing on your SuperCard, and 2, make sure you disable the SuperCard's menu.

3. Make sure your SuperCard is in the GBA slot and either your passthrough device (PassMe or Super Pass) is in the DS slot with an original DS card placed in it, as shown in THIS PICTURE.

4. Boot up your DS, it should skip the DS's menu and go right to FlashMe.

5. After FlashMe loads up, remove your battery cover and the sticker covering the hole over the SL1 as shown HERE.

6. On the screen, it should prompt you to press "X B X B" to start flashing the firmware patch. DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.

7. After you press the button combonation, you need to short the SL1. To do so, you need to stick a metal object into the hole that used to be covered up by the sticker.

NOTE: Here is where your DS could become bricked. This is a note from Loopy, the creator of FlashMe:

Numbers are displayed on the bottom right corner of the screen during flashing, did you happen to notice what they were? If it stopped at 100 and you turned it off, you're screwed. Basically that means it only managed to flash the very first block when you lost connection. Extremely rare, but I suppose it could happen. If it did make it past 100, restoreFW SHOULD be able to fix it. Hold A+B+select+start, THEN turn on your DS (with restoreFW cart plugged in). Hopefully that fixes it for you.

Folks, if you slip up and lose the SL1 connection, DON'T freak out and turn off your DS. The flasher program will keep trying until it's done, so just make the connection again and everything will be fine.

--loopy

8. When flashing reaches 100%, a message will appear telling you that it is safe to turn off your DS.

9. Turn your DS off and take your PassMe out; you will not be needing it anymore.

After FlashMe is installed, if you put your SuperCard into your GBA slot while it has NDS homebrew on it (With the menu enabled, and as many games/apps as you want), the NDS should boot directly to your SuperCard's menu, where you will be able to run all of your games/apps.

REMEMBER: If you choose to install FlashMe, you accept the risk that it might brick your DS, and complete installation at your own risk. A bricked DS CAN be recovered using a tool called PPFlash, but it requires opening up your DS and soldering things.

Hmm... sorry, the edited version of your post came up just after I posted my reply... I shall look in to this.

EDIT: It would appear that the SuperCard requires a different version, or rather a patched version, of FlashMe. I'll have more info for you in a bit.

How do I disable the SuperCard's Menu, do I hold L + R and Select! I do just that but the screen turns black but that's it. How do I make the DS skip the main screen and execute FlashMe?

EDIT: I Can't get the SuperCard Logo to show up on the bottom screen! How do I get this to work?

Edited by 03bgood

Ok, you know what? Now it just sounds like your having problems with the SuperCard itself. Since I have little experience with SuperCards, might I suggest researching your problem at their official site and forums, found here: www.supercard.cn/

Or, look at the PocketHeaven Wiki entry: wiki.pocketheaven.com/Supercard

But I want to run homebrew and emulators on my DS!!

You already can run homebrew games/apps/emulators, only you have too put your PassMe in before you turn on your DS so your SuperCard will boot in NDS mode.

FlashMe is NOT required!!