Emulation on DS help.

Fedex

I need help getting emulators on my DS, I want primarily SNES and Genesis emulators but am not sure what flash carts to buy or how to do it at all really.

So how do I go about getting my DS to run emulators and store ROMs?

Thanks for the help.

First you must understand that neither SNES nor Genesis emulation is anywhere near being perfect. With that in mind, here are some emulators for each system on the NDS:

PicoDriveDS - Genesis emulator. Latest version: v0.1.6

Snezzi DS - SNES emulator. Latest version: v0.25a

SNEmulDS - SNES emulator. Latest version: v0.3 beta

snesDS - SNES emulator. Latest version: 12/13/05

As for flash carts, there are two kinds you can buy for the DS. Slot-1 and Slot-2. Slot-1 flash carts go into the NDS card slot on the top of the DS, so all you need is the flashcard and a memory stick. Slot-1, however, does not support GBA games. Slot-2 flash carts, however, do support GBA games, but they require extra equipment, such as a PassMe, to run NDS games. A good choice for either of those would be to buy an M3 product, as they are very compatible with homebrew and have many other built-in functions as well, such as music playing, movie and photo viewing, and ebook reading.

ok thanks, are there any advantages of having a slot 1 flash cart other than not needing a pass me? like speed of memory or anything like that?

also how do I run the emulators off the flash carts? do the flash carts come with some sort of OS installed on them so I just select which emulator to run? and does anything need to be in specific directories on the cart or can it all just be rammed on there?

thanks again for all your help.

ok thanks, are there any advantages of having a slot 1 flash cart other than not needing a pass me? like speed of memory or anything like that?

also how do I run the emulators off the flash carts? do the flash carts come with some sort of OS installed on them so I just select which emulator to run? and does anything need to be in specific directories on the cart or can it all just be rammed on there?

thanks again for all your help.

I'm not sure if there are any speed advantages, but I do know that Slot-1 cards support Sleep Mode (where you close your DS while playing and it shuts the screens off) while GBA slot flash carts have some issues with that.

Most of the most popular Slot-1 cards DO have a built in OS (I know for sure the M3, DS-X, and MicroNinja do) so you just need to follow the emulator's instructions (Usually found in the ReadMe it comes with) on how to install it on your flash cart and select it from the OS. So different emulators will require different things, like one might need its own directory while another can just be thrown onto the memory stick.