[Pokemon] Is Savegameswitching like this possible?

Orko

Hi everybody!

First of all, please excause my bad english. It's been a long time since I had to use it.

I have got the Supercard Mini-SD and I am playing "Pokemon - Firered Edition" and "Pokemon - Emerald Edition". I would like to evolve my Pokemon with trading so I downloaded the VBA 1.7.3 LINK Emulator.

For better understanding:

I want to play the games on my GBA with the Supercard because it's much more confortable and trade the Pokemon on the PC via Emulator.

So I thought that this would be the correct process:

Do a In-Game Save on the GBA, copy the *.sav file from the SC to the PC, duplicate the file (so I do not have to start a new game for another savegame), start twice VBA 1.7.3 LINK, connect both games with each other, trade the Pokemon, save the game, copy the new *.sav from the PC to the SC and continue playing on the GBA.

Would it work or is this hopeless?

So I tried a lot and read shoals of forums on the www but I coudn't find a answer for my problem.

The problem is, that the *.sav from the SC can't be read correctly on the VBA 1.7.3 LINK emulator. I think that it has something to do with the filesize. The size of the savegames on the SC is about 64kB and to play this Pokemon Edition on the PC I have to switch the filesize under "Options" from 64kB to 128kB.

So when I want to import an SC savegame on the emulator, it resets and I get an white screen. On the other side an savegame which was exported on the PC cant't be read on the SC with the GBA.

Hope someone can help me.

Best regards and happy holidays,

Orko

Unfortunatly it would seem that this flash card does not support 128k flash saves that are required to save properly in the Pokemon games. Simply setting the save type in VBA will not change anything. There is a method that might work but it is only said to work for saves that were made using saves that were made by the IPS save patches for the Pokemon games. Send me your save file (haldrie@aim.com) and I will see if I can fix it for you with this method.

Now as far as trading between games the only way this is possible by running 2 sessions of VBA Link with the proper save file (that I might be able to fix for you). If you wish to continue playing your Pokemon games on your GBA I would suggest either buying the real game and transfering the proper save file to that cartrige or getting a flash card that supports 128k flash saves. Your current flash card just won't cut it.

Hi Haldrie!

Thank you for your reply.

I just sent you the E-Mail.

Best regards and a happy new year,

Orko

Unfortunatly it would seem that this flash card does not support 128k flash saves that are required to save properly in the Pokemon games. Simply setting the save type in VBA will not change anything. There is a method that might work but it is only said to work for saves that were made using saves that were made by the IPS save patches for the Pokemon games. Send me your save file (haldrie@aim.com) and I will see if I can fix it for you with this method.

Now as far as trading between games the only way this is possible by running 2 sessions of VBA Link with the proper save file (that I might be able to fix for you). If you wish to continue playing your Pokemon games on your GBA I would suggest either buying the real game and transfering the proper save file to that cartrige or getting a flash card that supports 128k flash saves. Your current flash card just won't cut it.

It seems that my method won't work with this save. If someone can get me the IPS patch for the German version of Pokemon Emerald so I can help this guy it would be appreciated as I might be able to use it for this.