What's a good PC gamepad?

Gryph

Yeh you can. Some apps only let you map the stick axes and not the hatswitch (dpad). In the XBCD options you can remap things like the dpad with the stick X and Y axes so that it works.

Its annoying though... MAME lets you map things directly to the hatswitch but Kawaks doesnt. Same with console emus- Gens wont let you map the hatswitch but Gens32 and Fusion will.

So yeh what I was asking before is if theres some little tray app that lets you toggle the hatswitch and the stick axes. I have one like that for my old Nostromo n45 controller. You just right click it and select 'swap dpad and analogue stick'. But it only works for that controller... I was wondering if there was something more universal out there.

Edited by DragonKeeper

oh i forgot to mention i often use my PS2 controller, you can get PS2>USB adapters for like 10 bucks now, it works great

BTW speaking of xbox peripherals on PC, my copy of windows right now isnt exactly umm..microsoft approved (i got sick of their stupied automated process that doesnt work and hangs up on you....their fault) so i cant get on windows update (or maybe just shouldnt) so does anyone know where i can get a driver to use the Xbox Live Vision cam and a webcam on my PC?