DevHook 0.51 Released

Booster has released a new version of DevHook with 3.01 support! Here's whats new:

A few known bugs from 0.50 have been fixed, but debugging is still not complete, and thus the software continues to be in a testing phase.

The degree of stability is still unknown. Please test it on your own and refer to different people's test reports.

Known Issues

-----------------------------

- With the change to the API, previous version's launchers, vshex, etc. do not work.

- vshex (the settings display on top of the XMB) occasionally has issues.

- When a UMD game is launched from the XMD, the startup screen can sometimes hang.

- There are times when you cannot return from a game to the XMB.

V0.50.0000 -> V0.51.0000 Changelog

- Loading bugs from the memory stick have been fixed > The web browser and the rest of the XMB

- Compatible with FW 3.01

- The clock setting bug in FW >=2.80 has been fixed.

- There's no need to replace audio.prx in FW >=2.80

- It can coexist with DH 0.46

- The launcher has been changed, scripting has been improved and it is compatible with mok's fbmprint system and multi language support.

- Leaving DEVHOOK from the XMB has been reimplemented (still being worked on)

Regarding the execution of FW 2.82 (3.01,2.80,2.71)

- As of ver.0.50.0000, the supported firmware's are only 2.71, 2.82, and 3.00.

1.50's No UMD mode has been removed, however other bits of code haven't yet been confirmed and still remain.

- If you have a need for 1.50-2.60, I request that you try them individually and decide on whether and how they run. (translator's note: I could use some help on this sentence, it seems kind of weird...I guess the implication is that old firmware's may still be able to run, but are hit or miss because they aren't actively supported)

- There is a slight risk associated with installing files to flash1, but this is highly recommended. 

If files are not installed to flash1 on > FW 2.71, there's a risk that random files will be destroyed when certain actions are taken on the XMB. Depending on the crosslinking, unrelated files may be destroyed, so please be prepared for any file to be lost when using it.

- You will know if files have been destroyed if you connect to a PC via USB and run checkdisk.

todo

- Launcher menu scripting language

The scripting language is currently a fairly half-baked, simple language; I'd like to make it C-like.

Sorry for the slow and piecemeal translation. The todo list is the same as the last release, except that 3.01 is now supported.

Source / Download

Edited by Mooney