Z-5500 Vs. G500

Shibathedog

okay so im finally going to get some kind of surround sound setup, and getting it for my PC is way cheaper than for my TV (and since my PC is next to my TV, i can play everything through the PC anyway!) and im trying to decide between two setups

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16836116160

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16836121120

The G500 honestly looks better, but everyone seems to be ranting and raving about the Z-5500s, and i cant seem to find anything comparing the two, anyone have any idea?

BTW would this idea even work? putting everything from my TV through the Line input, would it come out as surround? i dont know that much about PC sound :/ i mean it doesnt really matter because i can hook the TV up through the video out on my video card and just put DVDs in my PC, but that doesnt really solve the problem of the xbox and everything getting surround, would i have to buy one of those breakout boxes or bay input box things?

Have you taken a look at the specs between the 2? Not only is the Logitech setup more powerful, but it has a wireless remote, supports DD + DTS + DLP II.

Even if you don't have hardware to take advantage of that, the extra what? $50 is well worth it over the Creative setup.

I've got a Creative 4.1 setup here, and I must say I'm not impressed. Well, I am given what I paid for it back when I got em, but I probably could have spent another $50 myself and got something that stomped the crap out of em.

yeah but watts dont necessarily mean good/loud/better ive been looking up specs on other sites that are more precise

it seems like the G500s have a much more accurate sound while the Z5500s have a much boomier/distorted sound but have alot of extra fancy surround effects

I mean really its hard to tell because the best way to tell how speakers sound is to actually listen to them but thats what the specs say. I guess your right though, ill get the Z5500s because if im going to go surround i might as well get all the surround effects