Help with Metal Gear Solid for PSXeven

I'm playing Metal Gear Solid on PSXeven. It works perfect until i beat revolver. after you rescue baker and he tells you to go find the scientist, the emulator just exits by itself. no messages or nothing. i've played it both on cd and with an iso image. i don't know what to do. can somebody help me?

I understand your new here but you should really check to see if someone is repying.

I would suggest that you try using a different emulator as well. ePSXe is a good one and next to that is pSX (although this one is catching up quickly). You should be able to use your existing mem card file without having to convert it since I believe both of these emulators support pretty much every mem card format. I'll try and find my copy of this game and see if it will work with these emulators for you.

[EDIT]

I would also like to add that Metal Gear Solid has special copy protection on it that some emulators, like ePSXe, have trouble running without some sort of patch for the game. pSX is capable of running the game perfectly to a point as is right now but I don't think it can run it completely as there is a post on pSX's official forum where someone got to Phyco Mantic and the game locked on him. Here is a link to the actual topic:

http://psxemulator.proboards54.com/index.c...read=1159763705

I did run the game myself but I only toyed around a bit in the menu. I didn't actually play any of the game. The only think I did notice when running it was an "eek!" message in the log window that opens with the emulator when the game started. It did cause a load delay but only by about 5 sec or so. Also, I have never played Metal Gear Solid myself I just read a bunch of things about it while looking up stuff about Playstation emulators when I first got into it even though I have had images of the game for years now. Of course this is nothing new for me to get a new game play it for 10 min or so and then shelf it for a long period of time before playing it again.

(Ok, Hal, no more rambling time for bed.)

Edited by Haldrie