Where to buy?

i figured out what the problem was with the PC that i was dealing with earlier, there is PC600 and PC800 mixed, but it is RDRAM and i need all slots full to boot, so i will take out the PC600 and put in continuity modules

Does anyone know a website (besides ebay) that would be a good place to buy these for cheap? I need 2 of them because it goes

DIMM_1 256MB PC800

DIMM_2 256MB PC800

DIMM_3 64MB PC600

DIMM_4 64MB PC600

My PC runs PC800 RDRAM, and I'm pretty sure that modules must be in opposing slots.

1+3 and 2+4

Mixing 600 and 800 is fine, all will simply run at 600 though.

You should have:

DIMM_1 256MB PC800

DIMM_2 64MB PC600

DIMM_3 256MB PC800

DIMM_4 64MB PC600

The above should run just fine, albeit only at 600mhz(300mhz FSB)

RDRAM is retardedly expensive, and rising due to the fact it is no longer manufactured. NOS in stores is either sold on Ebay, or long since gone the way of the SALE to get it off the shelves. Anyone still carrying it in a store, either wants a 'tarded ammount for it, or just can't get rid of it because it's cheapass quality modules.

As for buying CRIMMs, Ebay is the way to go.......no stores sell em, because they generally come in the box your motherboard comes in. I unfortunately threw mine out because I run 4x128MB modules.

i just tried that, along with the opposite order (64,256,64,256) and it made this beeping noise and would not boot

i also did not see any option in the BIOS relating to this (basically just tells you what you have installed)

so then i will just get CRIMMS

also, is it possible to overwrite the dell bios with the proper pheonix bios or whatever the mobo uses? (I think it mentioned pheonix somewhere)

EDIT: found a pair on ebay for $5.44 shipped...yay!

• 2 weeks later...

goddamnit but when i try to launch counter-strike it does it again flock flock flock flock im so pissed

it works perfectly until i try to play a game WTF i think i need a new mobo, which means i need ram, and probably a processor because this one is old