X360 dvd drive change

I know it may sounds a bit dumb, but i need to know if is the dvd-rom drive replacement possible in case of it get damaged or bicked with all that firmware flash stuff. I mean, will the console acept a drive replacement? And if yes, will the console acept a Sansung drive if my X360 originaly was built with a Hitachi one? Is there a chance of the console detect a drive brand change and refuse it?

I am just courious about it

Thanx for all you guys around the forum sharing some time with the X360 scene and sorry for my very limited english (southamerican guy here :()

technically it shouldnt matter, as long as you replace it with the same type of drive (model number/one of the drives 360s actually use)

But where you would get one, i have no idea, its probably not very easy to find, and i havent tried it and i dont know anyone who has so im not 100% sure

• 1 month later...

Isn't there a unique key for each DVD drive? Kind of like the original XBOX hard drive? Pretty sure that's the case. So installing a new dvd drive, even though its the same make/model, will still potentially give you a startup error therefore, preventing you from using your 360.

I know it may sounds a bit dumb, but i need to know if is the dvd-rom drive replacement possible in case of it get damaged or bicked with all that firmware flash stuff. I mean, will the console acept a drive replacement? And if yes, will the console acept a Sansung drive if my X360 originaly was built with a Hitachi one? Is there a chance of the console detect a drive brand change and refuse it?

I am just courious about it

Thanx for all you guys around the forum sharing some time with the X360 scene and sorry for my very limited english (southamerican guy here :))