Copying Dolmexica + burning images

How did you burn Ikaruga because my file is over 800 mb so is Ooga Booga.

My Ikaruga file shows as 773MB file (even though it shows 17MB prior to extracting). DJ was happy tu burm it on a standard 700MB/80min disc. I am using version 4.6 of DJ and still in trial mode so max burn speed. I have never needed to touch a single setting on DJ and have had a 90% success rate. any more probs let me know and I ll send my file

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please don't publicly request that someone send you warez or offer them in the same regard. This goes for both YUPER and gfunk.

We have rules you know. Follow them.

• 2 months later...

Hello there! I've been gone for a while, kinda gave up on burning the CDI's for a few weeks but I decided to give it another shot. And guess what I got some more images to work when burnt with different settings in Discjuggler.

I managed to copy the Dolmexica release of Ikaruga just by using some different settings in DJ when creating the image, here's the settings I used it create the .CDI.

In the Advanced tab of Create CD and DVD images I checked the following options:

Scan gaps/indexes

ISRC and UPC

CD-TEXT

Ignore Read errors

PO

RAW read

Overburn CD/DVD

Once DJ finished creating the image I used these settings to burn the .CDI.

In the Advanced tab of Burn CD and DVD Images I checked these options to burn the CDI image of Ikaruga:

Mode 2

Block: 2048

CD-TEXT

PQ

Add post-gap to 3rd party images

RAW write

Overburn CD/DVD

Once DJ finished burning the CDI, it WORKS!!! IT WORKS IN MY DREAMCAST!!!

I used the same settings to burn other .CDI's such as, Powerstone 2, Gigawing and Radilgy which all works! I also burnt Trizeal wth CloneCD because it was a .ccd and that worked.

Now I tried using the same settings to burn other .CDI's like the Pelican MP3 Player, Metal Slug - Super Vehicle 001 II, GunBird 2 and Bangai-O but none of these worked. :P

Could it be because I bunrt them on different drives? I burnt the trizeal and the others on my sisters laptop and the Pelican MP3 Player on this computers drive, and so far all the ones I burnt on my sister's laptop worked and the ones I burnt on this PC hasnt, apart from Under Defeat and the DC Shooter Pack.

It really doesn't seem why one drive would differ from the other when using the same settings to burn!

Can someone tell me the specific settings they use when burning either .nrg .mdf .cdi .ccd and whatever other formats there is? Do you guys use the same settings when burning the same format images?

Thanks very much!

EDIT: OMG! I just tried to burn the ones that didnt work after being burnt on the PC on my sister's latop and they work yes they really do work! how WEIRD!

Edited by weirdoku