Copying Dolmexica + burning images

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've had enough! in total i now have 20 wasted CD-R's just trying to burn Ikaruga and none works. i have downloaded more than one if this game, .ccd, .cdi. nrg.

they are have 2 sessions, like the image i posted on this topic's PG.1 but none of them works!

the under defeat image i downloaded works no problem at all and its a CDI, the same as the last ikaruga i tried burning, with the same settings.

right now im downloading other DC images and see if they work and if they do im going to conclude that its only Ikaruga that doesnt work!

by the way does anyone here live in england that is willing to burn a few ikaruga's for me? i can send you the disk or you can charge me per disk!

and you tried just burning it with Alcohol 120% on RAW/DAO mode?

Make sure its a good brand CD-R (and NOT CD-RW)

Verbatim

Taiyo Yuden

Ritek

Memorex

TDK

HP

are some of my favorites

ive also had Sony CD-Rs work on mine (although they arent very durable i wouldnt recommend buying them) and i cant remember what else ive tested at the moment

From these different burning problem threads is it possible that NOT ALL Dreamcasts can read CDRs. I know that rumour was supposedly disproven, but considering how so many people are struggling with it...

Im just wondering because Im planning to buy one and might have to be more careful now.

Its more likeley that they are just using crappy CD-Rs, or their dreamcast is just dead

Its more of a strain on the laser to read a CD-R than a pressed disc, so it might just be barely enough alive to play pressed games and not CD-Rs

and i think ive mentioned before, that yeah it might be possible, my friend had a circled 2 (or was it 3?) on the bottom of his dreamcast, and it would not read CD-Rs, even music CD-Rs, it wouldnt even read certain retail games, and it said on the bottom it was a brand new factory refurb, so it was probably the latest possible version of the dreamcast to get ahold of, i havent been able to find one like that again and he sold it before i could get it from him >_<

im 100% sure that my DC plays CD-R games, i have ikaruga and under defeat on burnt disks, under defeat i burnt myself and it works.

ikaruga i bought and its a CD-R which works no problem too

i have tried almost every single setting i can in alcohol and discjuggler but it still doesnt work

im starting to think its the images i've downloaded of the games and not the disks!

Hello all

Ive ben trying out different methods for a while and stand by Discjuggler. Providing the image you have downloaded is a .cdi there should be no problems. All I do is download the parts (With Ikaruga only 1 part Obviously due to size) Un rar them. Viola a cdi. image. My only advice would be to a) use a low burning speed (I'm not technically minded but have had a few fail at high speed normally used max of 12x. Also if discjuggler asks if you want it to fix disc as it thinks there might be problems say no!!! otherwise you will end up with another coaster)

CD's I use either maxell or Tesco (English supermarket for any readers accross the water)

Anyhow thats my advice

Hello all

Ive ben trying out different methods for a while and stand by Discjuggler. Providing the image you have downloaded is a .cdi there should be no problems. All I do is download the parts (With Ikaruga only 1 part Obviously due to size) Un rar them. Viola a cdi. image. My only advice would be to a) use a low burning speed (I'm not technically minded but have had a few fail at high speed normally used max of 12x. Also if discjuggler asks if you want it to fix disc as it thinks there might be problems say no!!! otherwise you will end up with another coaster)

CD's I use either maxell or Tesco (English supermarket for any readers accross the water)

Anyhow thats my advice

i use discjuggler too for .cdi but none of the ones i have works, they were all .cdi images

wat settings did you use to burn the games gfunk?

Hello all

Anyhow thats my advice

i use discjuggler too for .cdi but none of the ones i have works, they were all .cdi images

All I have been doing is selecting burn CD/DVD IMAGE, then selecting the .cdi image. Setting the burn speed to max of 12x then clicking start. If the image is near to or above 700mb DJ will say that errors may be present (or something like that) and will ask if you want it to fix them click no. I have managed to burn the following .cdi like this :

Ikaruga and border down

Confidential mission

Ooga Booga

sega smash pack

All emulators MD sNES etc

Rez

and quite a few more.

Hello all

Anyhow thats my advice

All I have been doing is selecting burn CD/DVD IMAGE, then selecting the .cdi image. Setting the burn speed to max of 12x then clicking start. If the image is near to or above 700mb DJ will say that errors may be present (or something like that) and will ask if you want it to fix them click no. I have managed to burn the following .cdi like this :

Ikaruga and border down

Confidential mission

Ooga Booga

sega smash pack

All emulators MD sNES etc

Rez

and quite a few more.

How did you burn Ikaruga because my file is over 800 mb so is Ooga Booga.

How did you burn Ikaruga because my file is over 800 mb so is Ooga Booga.

My Ikaruga file shows as 773MB file (even though it shows 17MB prior to extracting). DJ was happy tu burm it on a standard 700MB/80min disc. I am using version 4.6 of DJ and still in trial mode so max burn speed. I have never needed to touch a single setting on DJ and have had a 90% success rate. any more probs let me know and I ll send my file