those damn id3 tags

Inky

heheh here's the story. all my mp3s were scattered all over the harddrive. so I downloaded the godfather to get em organized. works great.

but.

there is an id3 tag editor and I have quite a few messed up tags so I give it a try. but I messed up. now over 1000 mp3's have the same id3 tag.

pretty messed up right? right!

manually editing those mp3s is gonna take forever but I might have found something useful.

musicbrainz.org is kinda like cddb but for mp3s and has a auto tagging program. I am running it right now and it has found about a 3rd of my mislabeled tags so far. I chalk the rest up to my obscure music tastes.

check it out if you have a need.

i labeled all of my mp3s by hand... click here to see the list. i have a narrow selection by choice, mind you. also: the mp3 filename matches the tag as it's displayed in foobar with all the ['s, ]'s, and numbers.

Edited by olaf

Would any of those tools rename the filenames to the ID3 Tags? because i went through and fixed all my tags manually, but alot of them are named like

TECHNO BASS REMIX CLUB EXTREME TRANCE ROCK BOOM BLAH BRITNEY SPEARS DROPKICKMURPHYS STOLE MY BIKE MP3 RIPPED BY l337ub3rh4x0r w00t w00t.mp3

Would any of those tools rename the filenames to the ID3 Tags? because i went through and fixed all my tags manually, but alot of them are named like.

Yes, MP3Tag does that too, among other neat things.