bsnes WIP News

olaf

Emu#dreams reports that byuu has worked on bsnes, the Super NES emulator for Microsoft Windows, some more. Below is a quote of what he's posted on his homepage.

I apologize for the lack of updates. The truth is, I've been somewhat worn out / sick the past two weeks, so I haven't really done much work on bsnes. I'm still quite sick now, but I'm trying to get back in gear anyway.

That said, I teamed up with Nach to merge our ideas for a new patching format. I don't know what we're going to call the new format just yet, but it is a good deal more optimized than bpf was, while only increasing the format complexity infinitesimally. I wrote a Win32 GUI for the patcher that can both create and apply patches. Also, bsnes can now natively apply the patches (via soft-patching), even when the patch has been zipped. I still need to finalize the changes with Nach, and then I'll post more about that on the main page. And in case I haven't mentioned it here in the past: I have no intentions of adding IPS support to bsnes. If I do, it will absolutely always assume that the IPS patches were created against ROMs with no header, with no exceptions.

I also worked a bit more on the new win32 port. I now have a slightly better about dialog box, and a basic dialog designed for the new debugger. It isn't much different than before, as I decided to go with a window-based debugger over a console-based debugger again. Not as powerful, but more user friendly. Absolutely nothing in the new debugger is functional yet, however. You can view a screenshot of it here.

You can visit the official bsnes homepage here.