MAME GP2x v1.0 Released

olaf

retroguru.com reports that Franxis has released an open source multiple game port of MAME to the GP2x. With all these single game ports to the GP2x (such as Robotron or Green Beret), it was only a matter of time before a release like this were to happen. Below are the release notes for MAME GP2x version 1.0.

- In this first version 904 games are supported, almost all games in MAME 0.34. There are some missing games like Ninja Gaiden, Mortal Kombat, Popeye, etc, i will try to add all games in the next version. Also all currently supported games are not playable, in example biggest Neo·Geo games are not working yet due to lack of RAM (GP2X Linux only support 32 Mb of the 64 Mb yet). I think everything will be solved in next versions, please be patient :P

- I recommend the use of "CPU & LCD Tuner" program to overclock the GP2X to 250 MHz to play the most modern games. I have not integrated the overclocking in the emulator yet.

- Reesy DrZ80 core has been modified by Flubba to be faster and easier to maintain.

- Software scaling / stretching based on Pepe_Faruk code. Hardware scaling / stretching not implemented yet.

- Different frontend skins done by Zenzuke, Chipan, Dokesman, Enkonsierto, Quest and Sttraping.

- Thanks to all paypal donators: gp32x.de, Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello and Elías Ballesteros.

You can find out more information here at Franxis's homepage, or simply download MAME GP2x here.

Edited by olaf