Harmon/Kardon HK3480

Shibathedog

Does anyone have any experience with this amp? Im looking to replace my KLH R3100 which was a surprisingly great amp, but blew out on me (Left channel has extremley distorted low frequencies)

http://www.harmankardon.com/specifications...%203480&sType=C

That page has most of the important info, Ill probably end up buying from J&R Here

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=3960817

HK has always specialized more in speakers.

Little tip when it comes to audio equipment (And really anything actually), don't buy an amp from a speaker manufacturer, buy one from someone who specializes in amps.

Not that I think their amps are bad, but if you're gonna shell out alot of money for an amp....buy one from a company who has their main focus in that section.

Actually HK Stopped making speakers awhile ago (Unless you count their home theatre in a box systems)

But im leaning more towards a Denon DRA-685 now which is 500MSRP but i can get one for around 250-280 dollars

I know alot of people are going to say OMG BUT THE HK IS 120 WATTS AND THE DENNON IS ONLY 100!! and things like that but you have to look at THD and Sensitivities and the like and once you do that, You can actually go louder+More accurate with the Denon and power bigger speakers at the same time.

That KLH is complete crap compared to these two amps, It was really just a temporary solution anyway though, i just get pissed when things break for no reason.

So KLH or Denon is really what im trying to decide, leaning more towards Denon though.

Any other amp suggestions though? I didnt check every brand. And NAD is way out of my price range hehe.