Earthbound Fans Unite!

Wizard

From Starmen.net

A translation of Shigesato Itoi's website!

After some discussion with Nintendo, I've decided to make a slightly head-start announcement here on Hobonichi. I've worried people quite a bit this whole time, but I'm happy to report that Mother 3 for Game Boy Advance is nearing release.

I've thought to myself, "It should be all right now that it's this far along," on many occasions, but I always made sure not to announce anything until I could say that it was "ABSOLUTELY all right." At any rate, this time I've decided to try and be reserved about everything. It looks like its release date will be about one season away, and I'm in the middle of doing many work retreats to get it finished. I'm going to work especially hard for a short while longer to get everything done.

By announcing this, I'm sure I'll receive all sorts of questions, but I'm probably going to stay quiet about Mother 3 until just before its release. I know the importance of publicity, but what I feel is that I want players to REALLY enjoy Mother 3. So until just before the game comes out, I'm going to remain as quiet as possible.

In any case, we're working on Mother 3. I'm happy as well that it's reached the point where we can make an announcement. Thank you to all who have waited patiently. Please forget about it again for a short while.

YES! I have alot of hope for Mother 3 being released in the U.S. Which means, it will never be released in the U.S.

Heck, I'm still waiting for Mother 1 + 2 pack, which is still under consideration after a year!

what's mother 1?

Earthbound on the SNES.

Mother 1 was never released in english, it was originally for the NES. Earthbound on SNES is Mother 2. Mother 3, aka Earthbound 2, is for GBA, Mother 64 (Formerly Mother 3) was canceled because the development team didn't really have enough experience with 3D in general. The game was very buggy, but it was different and had the feel of randomness Mother/Earthbound gave out.

what's mother 1?

Earthbound on the SNES.

Mother 1 was never released in english, it was originally for the NES. Earthbound on SNES is Mother 2. Mother 3, aka Earthbound 2, is for GBA, Mother 64 (Formerly Mother 3) was canceled because the development team didn't really have enough experience with 3D in general. The game was very buggy, but it was different and had the feel of randomness Mother/Earthbound gave out.

I knew I went wrong somewhere when I made that post. I knew what games were on what system, but forgot. :/

Oh well.