64th Note v1.0 Beta 22 Released!

Alpha

64th Note is a USF plugin for Winamp, based on Project64 1.4 by Zilmar and Jabo and Azimer's HLE Audio Plugin. It requires major CPU and memory resources, 300 MHz and 64 MB are the minimum for the least-intensive USF sets, but requirements vary greatly between sets.

The problem with the ASIO output crashing (though I'm not sure what in the chain of HQSoftProc->out_asio->ASIO4All the bug lies) was that upong stopping playback I make a call to the unpause function in my plugin, so in case you hit the stop button while paused things will be handled well. It seems what happens is that it will always make the call to the output plugin disabling pause when this happens, whether it's actually paused or not. Unpausing the out_asio plugin when it isn't paused causes the freeze. So now I check whether the playback actually is paused before making that call and everything seems to work nicely.

Even Mario Kart 64 and Mortal Kombat 4 seem to work alright when Round Frequency is enabled (with the aforementioned chain of plugins or directly through out_asio).

I also removed the workaround for avoiding DirectSound cutting off the end of the track when Remove Silence is enabled, as that's actually what it's supposed to do.

Rather than do a complete overhaul of in_usf.ini I set Mario Kart to not use Audio HLE when Auto Audio HLE is enabled. I also added an entry for Shadowgate 64, which works well under Audio HLE.

»» Homepage / Download

»» http://www.halleyscometsoftware.com/mboard...=48&showpage=10