Quake II Question (Q2Q)

BlackKnight

Ah well pending my getting a new vid card Doom 3 and Quake IV are out of the question for me.

However I say the Doom movie the other day and that first person shot really stirred me up. So without those two new games, what do I do? I dig out Quake 2~ oh yeh.

AHEM.

Anyway I wanted to ask something, if anyone remembers because there are no decent walkthroughs or anything like that to be found these days.

Everyone remembers the Tank enemy, right? Big armoured guy with rockets. Then there was the Tank Commander, same deal but with black armour, and in one mission you need to get one's head.

I want to know if anyone remembers the Tank Boss, or Supertank, which actually looks like a real tank. If you do know it, then what level or map was it on in the original Quake 2? Or was it only in the expansions? I can't find it anywhere but I remember it :lol:

The Super Tank was the first boss in Quake 2. The map is called Control Grid, where you have to locate and destroy the grid control computer. The Super Tank also appears in the Power Plant level sometime later.

The Super Tank was the first boss in Quake 2. The map is called Control Grid, where you have to locate and destroy the grid control computer. The Super Tank also appears in the Power Plant level sometime later.

Ah thanks that's exactly it.

Oh and btw, with the Quake 4 versions of Q2 and the expansion, I hear they don't have music? Of any kind? Is for there a fix for that?

Also, did the expansions have their own CD audio, or did you just put the Q2 CD in and listen to that music while playing?

Ah thanks that's exactly it.

Oh and btw, with the Quake 4 versions of Q2 and the expansion, I hear they don't have music? Of any kind? Is for there a fix for that?

Also, did the expansions have their own CD audio, or did you just put the Q2 CD in and listen to that music while playing?

Quake 2 had Redbook audio so you could just put it in any CD player and listen. And the lack of music sucks since Quake 2 has one of the best soundtracks ever.

I have the soundtracks for Quake 2 and it's expansions in MP3 format (74.4 mb unpacked) so I wouldn't mind sending it to you.

Cheers, Gryph for those soundtracks.

I've checked and the Q4 versions lack the CD Audio, but do work properly if you place an original Q2 CD in the drive. It is a big flock up, and I guess they could have compressed the data and put it in the pak files quite easily. Maybe they were just lazy about it or didnt care too much.