DigitalLife event in NYC, NY

Prican25

http://digitallife.com

its a 3 day event starting tomorrow at noon at the Jacob Javits Center, New York City, NY.

DigitalLife is the only consumer technology event showcasing the latest in all things digital. Hosted in the largest convention center in NYC, DigitalLife will transform the Jacob Javits Center into a digital playground for THREE straight days! So, come check it out — and bring your family, friends, and co-workers — don't forget, kids under 12 get in FREE

many companines are going to be there including M$ with their xbox360 to be playable and others like lucasarts to demo their star wars battlefront 2 and more.

i'm going tomorrow, hope any of you can too (btw, one ticket is good for all 3 days!)

just got back from ny and gotta say i was disappointed by M$'s demo of xbox360.

they started off by showing off the dash going section by section starting with xbox live which they made clear that you'll no longer need a credit card and such to sign up and that you can use the same id for both systems. also mentioned that all current xbox live users will be gold for 360 and they said those without xbox live will have silver.

all games will be online and even if you aren't playing online (single player game for example), anyone can see your current status in the game your are currently playing (like playing madden, he\she can see you're in the 3rd down and etc.) which i found cool but being a bit nosey at the sametime.

also dealing with live they showed off the live arcade which incudes a few classic games like joust and even some popular msn ones like bejeweled but you'll have to pay for these games to fully enjoy them but you can grab the demos of them.

then it moved on to the media section which to my surprise (i didn't know it can do that) that you can connect any media device via usb to show off your pictures and play music. the 2 devices they used to show off was a ipod nano and a psp (yes they used a psp :lol: ) and worked lovely to even being able to use the ipod's playlist ;) on top of that, you can use the device for adding music to a game which i found very cool and in case you were wondering; it was also charging the ipod as well :wink:

continuing the media section they went and showed off the media center and claimed that anyone with xp will be able to display pics. vids. music and such and they showed how well it works which worked lovely as it should.

then finally came to showing off the games which was the most disappointing part of the show as they only display 2 games which were project gotham racing 3 and kameo.

pgr3 looked great and the guy pointed out that it will have 80 cars and that none of the cars in the game are cheap beginner cars like a vw beetle and such but all sport cars and then played 2 tracks which were new york at night and tokyo in the day and they are nicely done to the m$ guy pausing the game and pointing out what buildings are what and such.

another nice feature dealing with the cars is that you'll be able to full the full interior of the car and also theres a photo mode in which you can take and edit a photo to say of a lucky win or such.

kameo was something no one liked and pissed off a lot of ppl as the m$ kept ranting about that they bought rare and named all their good games (which happen to be goldeneye and such type of game) which we were led to believe he was gonna play perfect dark but alas it was kameo and there isn't much to talk about it as it wasn't interesting to me and many others as we walked away and that was it for their demo.

one thing i want to point out which i found a bit funny was that when the m$ guy was talking about the difference between the 2 packages coming out on november 22nd (official date) that he said the hdd was gonna be 20gb but the one used in their 360 was a 40gb hdd (showed 38gb to be exact).

other then M$, sega was there showing off a few games including shadow the hedgehog which was playable and seems nice. id was there with quake 4 which looks damn good and even namco was there to show off their mobile gaming line which they even went out to have a lil guy in a pacman suit standing there just about all day (kids loved him).

also noticed that a few demo units were missing games due to ppl stealing them heh, really smart how they expect not to be able to access the systems tied down by 2 zip ties :D

oh and nintedo was also there but nothing worth noting except mario kart ds which was nice but thats about it.

few other companies were there dealing with cellphone stuff and networking supplies to even bestbuy showing off their geek squad crap and mobile audio.

tomorrow is your last chance if you're in the ny/nj area and you can still buy your ticket online for cheap and highly suggest you do so if you're going.