NEED HELP picking new cpu.. and other parts too..

hisokano1

hey guys,

ok i'm looking to do a major upgrade on my comp. im wanting to upgrade to a P4 775pin cpu. but im abit lost.. what's the difference b/w the intel 775 P4 and the intel64 P4? i believe they're both 775pin but what's the difference??

and is it worth getting the SATA HDs? or should i stick to my current seagate 8m IDE one?

with RAM im planning to get either 512 or 1G of DDR400s..

does the brands really matter?

the shop im going to purchase the computer from offers kingston/corsair and the kingston/corsair value ram. whats the difference b/w the normal ones and the valueRAMs? performance, etc..

also they offer the OCZ value/premier/performance.

im just not sure which to get cos there're so many different types.. plzzzzzzz help!!!

thanks soooooooooooo much :P

Those are it's code names.

The difference is that clockrate for the Venice is between 1800 - 2400 MHz and the San Deigo is 2200 - 2800 MHz. Overall, that is the only difference, while the rest is practically identically the same. Note, they are not Dual Core.

• 2 weeks later...

havent had time to check the net lately. thanks for the reply & help. much appreciated.

now i can find time to go shop for the new comp and build it :(

oh another thing is.. the new MBs uses PCI-E vga cards.. but currently im running a AGP 6600GT. i was wondering if there is some kind of convertor/adaptor then can be purchased to put a agp card in a pci-e slot.

thanks again for the help

cheers

thanks for all the help. :unsure: Cheers.

i still have another question though.. sorry dunno much bout these things.. gonna get the athlon64 3500+ and im planning to get the MSI K8N Neo 4-FI motherboard and read from somewhere that u can use mix rams? ie. there are 4 slots so can hav 2x512 ddr333 and 2x512 ddr400.. is that true??