MAME Compilation Question (NeoGeo Specific)

Wow...two started threads in one day...

Anyway, I also asked this of James via PM but thought someone here might also have an answer and could keep from me piling on to one person.

This is probably a silly question/situation, but here it goes:

Last night I attempted to compile MAME for the purpose of adding functionality in MAME to play these new NeoGeo games (SvC, mslug4/5, SS5, etc.

While the driver information that is listed on the forums in the pinned topic here is great, it seems to be missing somthing.

I see the change needed for the machine/driver.c file. (I assume that's for overall protection)

But this is where things get a little sketchy.

The sections for each game are titled "CODE" and have all of the code necessary to add to the neogeo.c file. My first issue is the information in the post is all jumbled together where the neogeo.c file is structured in sections. Is it OK for me just copy and paste and disregard the sections? If not - then I have no idea how to break out any information there other than the ROMSTART & ROMEND and put the GAMEB section at the end. The rest of the code that exists for some of the games has me lost.

Finally, I noticed there is a listing in the driver.c file that has each game, and sometimes the rom number, but the information in the past does not list what to put in the driver.c file. I could probably figure out what to type here, but don't want syntax problems if I can avoid them.

Again - any assistance would be much appreciated. I think the answer to my emulation issue is trying route everything through MAME...but not sure.

but as for all of the text in the "CODE" section of those entries...is that just a straight copy and paste into the neogeo.c file or do I need to break up that data into the correct section...

...and if into the correct section, I am unsure where some of it goes - the ROMSTART/ROMEND stuff and the GAMEB stuff is simple enough...

...it is the rest of the stuff that confused me.

My hope is it is a straight copy and paste per game right to the end of the neogeo.c file.

Thanks for your assistance again!!