FF7 Sound and misc stuff (help!)

JSN723

Hi guys, i recently started playing ff7 over again, and noticed alot of the sounds (sword slices, battle sound etc) are really weird sounding for this game. Also.. the random battles dont swirl in when i get attacked. Im using ePSXe and PetesOpenGL 1.76 for graphics, and ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2. Are there better drivers to use that would correct these problems? Thanks in advance =)

Eternal SPU for the win.

What he said. If you don't get proper swirls, you have not enabled enough FrameBuffer effects. What are your settings for OpenGL? You should also be using an updated version of the OGL1/OGL2 plugin, if your video card can handle those.

Eternal SPU for the win.

What he said. If you don't get proper swirls, you have not enabled enough FrameBuffer effects. What are your settings for OpenGL?

hmm its full screen mode 800X600

Use FPS Limit

Auto Detect frame

Texture quality R8 G8 B8 A8

High Res Textures None

Off screen drawing 3 (enhanced)

Framebuffer textures GFX card buffer (2)

Fframebuffer access 0-Emulated vram

And everything under misc is unchecked

I fixed the sound btw... now its just slow going into battles and when i get the experience at the end =( and the swirlys of course =(

Enable the 'Adjust Framebuffer access' in the special game fixes. What is your video card btw? You might enable 'Direct framebuffer updates' and see if that helps.

It's more than enough for OGL2, 1024x768 at least, and every flocking bell and whistle enabled in the plugin config. Except 2XSaI in full-3D games coupled with 32-bit colors; don't do that.

As to why it slows down in FF7, I haven't got a clue. Runs fine here.