Special News article

Z-Neo

I kinda wanted to share this with some of you guys. This makes me even more proud of my dad. The local newspaper did a front page article last Sunday on him , and his hospice work with cancer patients and war veterans. A bit of preface before this article about my dad. He used to be a heavy smoker and drinker(beer mostly), and was mostly not real sociable. After being diagnosed with esophageal(sp) cancer, and beating it, he stopped smoking and drinking, and took up hospice work. He also mentors a few students at my old school, and is also a member of Bikers Against Child Abuse, along with my mother. It amazes me how much of a change overcoming cancer has brought to him, and I know he, and many of the people he now helps, are better off for it.

http://www.claremoreprogress.com/archive/article20960

Edited by Z-Neo

That's a very nice story. It would be nice if more people did things like this. When I first started volunteering at developmental centers and retirement homes I did them for selfish reasons (doing it for the college application) but eventually I realized that these people could use whatever comfort they can get or someone to talk to or just listen to them. I applaud your Dad for what he's doing.

On a side note, he looks like a badass who I wouldn't want to cross. :lookaround: