how to run a game

ok , yay i have nba2k2 , i have a bios , and i have a virtual drive... with my nba2k2 i open the zip and there is 25 files - they are 001 , 002 , 003 ect to 25 , do i have extract every single 1 ? cause that would take up about 20 gb of memory. second i load the game into the virtual drive , it is self boot , i press chankast and i have chosen the correct drive , i start up chankast and the controller error comes up , i press ok on both screens , then i click play and it does the dreamcast intro and that controller crap comes up... right i dont know if

A: its not picking it up on the drive

B: its picking it up as a cd image not an game

C: i have to extract every single file , but how the hell can the game be 20gb

D: i dont know what else

so please i really want some help

You only extract one file. It's an archive so it's split up. The file to extract should have the extension.rar or.r00. And the controller thing...I forgot exactly how to fix it but you have to set something up before.

i know i have all that , gryph does chankast work 4 u , right i need it to work , i use daemon tool , it says there is a cd when i go into music its says that ? so my problem is the controller and its reading my CDI as a cd

I don't use (and never have used) Chankast. The only tech support I know is from reading posts by other people. I got a Dreamcast a month before Chankast came out so it was useless.

dun worry , i cant be botherd to buy a dreamcast , but i found out i had a crappy bios , i needed a pal/euro which i found after using "GOOGLE" and bios for almost every country , 2. chankast doesnt support it , im so annoyed but i know there developing a tip-top dreamcast emu :P i cant wait and well , meh life goes on

Am i allowed to post a site which has all the BIOSes for almost every console so people can just download it?

No, you can't, it's in the rules. A PM probably wouldn't hurt.

With 001 etc. files, you mean split archives, right? Sure, make a guide.

ya ,

1. right click the basefile (000 or 001)

2.click open then look for winrar (or winzip)

3. make sure you unclick "always take this action" then press ok

4. winrar comes up and just press extract

5. there should be a folder called 000 or 001

:) done enjoy people

Edited by suvo