Xenogears prob and Mounting

Max

Sup

1s: I downloaded and burned Xenogears and am running it on Epsxe. The prob is that during the intro FMV there is abosolutely no sound. I skipped it and what came after did have sound and the graphics looked fine. Is this a problem or does the FMV really have no sound? Do the FMVs in the game have spoken speech (there are no subtitles)?

2nd: I hear ppl mounting images so as not to play from CD, how do I do this? Can I make an image with Nero or do I need another prog?

- Thanks

As for the mounting CD images thing, you can create CD images with any burning program AFAIK.

As to how to actually use those images, you need a nifty program called Daemon Tools. After installation, it creates a second CD/DVD drive for you, which you can use as an image drive. You simply mount a CD/DVD image to it and it acts like a real CD/DVD drive with the mounted media inside.

Just out of curiosity, are the first two options under Config --> Sound also enabled?

As for the mounting CD images thing, you can create CD images with any burning program AFAIK.

As to how to actually use those images, you need a nifty program called Daemon Tools. After installation, it creates a second CD/DVD drive for you, which you can use as an image drive. You simply mount a CD/DVD image to it and it acts like a real CD/DVD drive with the mounted media inside.

Just out of curiosity, are the first two options under Config --> Sound also enabled?

Thanks for the mounting help, I'll go search for the progs.

In the the sound menu, the 1st and 3rd and enabled while the 2nd and 4th aren't.

(thanks again for the Shareaza tip btw, it rocks).

Still doesn't work. The FMV doesn't have sound and neither does that fancy Square logo in the beginning.

Is there any speech during the FMVs? Would I be missing a lot if I played on?

Do you still have the CD image? You might try mount that with DT and see if that works ok. I don't remember too well, but I think theFMVs have some spoken dialogue.

I should start playing this game again. It rocks. At least the first disc does from what I've been hearing.

Are you using ePSXe's own SPU or some 3rd party plugin? I recommend that you try out Eternal SPU, that's what I use exclusively anyway.

I do have the CD image, I mounted it on DT and tried it and still the same happened (tried the SPU eternal plugin as well). Here is what the cue file said before I modified it to burn the game in nero:

FILE "C:\Documents and Settings\Thierry\Desktop\XenoGears2 CD 1 FULL NTSC" BINARY

REM SESSION 01        ; Not supported by other applications (*)

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

REM MSF: 00:00:00 = LBA: 0

REM (*) SESSION directives are unfortunately not properly supported

REM    'out there'.  IsoBuster however supports them !

No idea what that means.

Oh and you really should play this game, beautiful grpahics and an excellent soundtrack. And from what I hear it has one of the best damn plots ever.

I have played Xenogears before, and it's great. :)

Here's an example of my cue file:

FILE "XENOGEARS DISC 1.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE2/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

Everything else is excess unless there are audio tracks defined; and in this case there aren't. Just edit this so that it matches the filename you have. It's best to leave just the filename and not the path so you can then store the CUE safely in the same folder as the image since it doesn't point to a particular directory/folder. Also, when mounting with DT, mount CUE files, if any are present.

Not that it matters if you mount the image directly, but it has saved me from a few problems with incorrectly copied images.