DSEmu is NOT Dead.

Alpha

Just to clear some things up regarding DSEmu which many people have stated is quite possibly dead. It is not dead, just delayed until further notice.

It's not the end of the project as a whole. Essentially, I can't work on the current incarnation of the emulator any more, as it's a Win32 project, and I have no Win32 development environment. I do, however, have access to a PowerPC; the loss of the x86 environment gives me an excuse to start on what the project was all about: dynamic recompilation.

Basically, the current zip will remain as is until I can swap out the core with a portable dynarec.

If I were to give a wildly inaccurate guess, I'd say another 8 months. But of course, I don't have the time now that I had last August, and lord only knows what'll happen for the rest of this year. As for testing it, I'm most likely to develop for my PowerPC server at the moment, so I'm not sure how much use a Win32 environment would be smile.gif

Thanks for the expression of appreciation. If more than zero people get some use (or even inspiration) from what I do, then I'm happy.

A big thanks as well from the 1Emulation Community for Two9A's hardwork in the past couple of months and we wish him the best and hope to see DSEmu back soon. :(

»» End of DSemu? Thread

»» http://www.dsemu.org

»» DSEmu Official Forum