0.0.3c testing

Robert

Lucky I never had time to test 0.0.3b as it had a major bug with the screens. I even saw a real DS in action today and it does look impressive. The emulation of the basic features hasn't even begun! Lots of work for Two9A and Mic !

The new config option worked at the first attempt. I like how you just press the key you want. Excellent!

Now let's test the DS roms:

2d_emu, 2dexample-arm9 : red cherries are missing

armwrestler.w1, armwrestler.w2 : appears in the correct window, all tests passed

battleshipDS : hangs just before start bar should appear

davr_arm9a : purple at top, black at bottom (same as Dualis)

drops_arm9 : bottom screen not working

first1 : works

smantouch.arm9 : works except emoticon is missing

tetris-1p, tetris-2p : works (same as Dualis)

under_pressure : works

tetris.nds : no text, slows down after enter pressed

The remaining DS demos either same problems as before or don't work.

GBA roms:

armwrestler : all ATM V5TE are failed

copperbars : works

fill1 : works

fontdisp, maddness, roto, asteroids, atomix, copper, gbacc, nexus, tetrisCA, vothello, walk3d, wsdemo6, yahtzee : hangs emu at start

ht : works

mode3 : works

oamtest : works

tunnel : works

afire : works

hazuki : works

impact : works

raster : black

santa_escapes : intro appears, goes away then emu freezes

The remainder are working, or not working, same as before

The slowdown problem has been fixed for GBA roms. Some NDS roms can take quite a while to load particularly those with a NDS extension.

It seems a new bug, perhaps an internal endless loop?, has appeared with many GBA roms that were doing something, now just freezing instead. The problem occurs with walk3d, so it should not be hard to track it down.

armwrestler : all ATM V5TE are failed

fontdisp, maddness, roto, asteroids, atomix, copper, gbacc, nexus, tetrisCA, vothello, walk3d, wsdemo6, yahtzee : hangs emu at start

The wrestler fails are easily explained if you consider that the GBA doesn't have an ARMv5, and neither does DSemu's GBA core anymore. As for all those hangs, I think that's due to those ROMs not achnowledging their interrupts. I'll probably have to add a flag to ignore acknowledgement or something, since I can't ask all the demo devs to recode their work.
The slowdown problem has been fixed for GBA roms. Some NDS roms can take quite a while to load particularly those with a NDS extension.
Wasn't aware there was a slowdown issue; it's always slow on a 600 :clapping:

NDS files will take a little while, since two MMUs read the file and copy regions of code accordingly. Maybe it is a little inefficient.