Silly Real news

The judge story is pretty good. Amazing the intelligence of some people.

Along the lines of the tasering story, I heard on the radio today that police tasered a man a a Chuck-E-Cheese recently. small article below from rockymountainnews.com

AURORA - A 19-year-old man was being held for investigation of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and trespassing after a skirmish with Aurora police Sunday at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant.

Officers used a Taser stun gun to subdue the man, who allegedly refused to show proof that he had paid to be eating food in the restaurant. Aurora police spokesman Larry Martinez said a struggle broke out after police asked the man to step outside the business to resolve the matter.

Police seem very taser happy nowadays...

The judge story is pretty good. Amazing the intelligence of some people.

Along the lines of the tasering story, I heard on the radio today that police tasered a man a a Chuck-E-Cheese recently. small article  below from rockymountainnews.com

AURORA - A 19-year-old man was being held for investigation of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and trespassing after a skirmish with Aurora police Sunday at a Chuck E. Cheese restaurant.

Officers used a Taser stun gun to subdue the man, who allegedly refused to show proof that he had paid to be eating food in the restaurant. Aurora police spokesman Larry Martinez said a struggle broke out after police asked the man to step outside the business to resolve the matter.

Police seem very taser happy nowadays...

I think it's the media, not the police, who are tazer happy these days. Police have been using tazers for a while now, but someone gave the media what looks like a high fatality rate and they've gone slaphappy with unremarkable, but knee-jerk inducing tazer stories since.

Our flocking sensationalist media sucks. I've yet to hear of fatality rates compared to the pre-tazer days, of alternative less-than-lethal weapons, or of cases where tazers have actually saved lives or anything like that. In the meantime, I've heard at least two completely inconsequential stories, at least one of which didn't even include the potentially lethal form of tazer use.

Man those taser things are scary. They like shoot this dart into you and then zappppppp. I saw it on tv once and it was freaky. But then the guy looked like he was dancing and I laughed.

There was also a news report not too long ago about a company who was wanting to make tasers easily avaliable to anyone to carry for protection. Can you imagine the possible chaos if everyone was walking around with tasers? Get into an accident at an an intersection, and some guy gets out of his car and just zaps you...that's an equally scary thought.