need help on buying a big upgrade

ok, i'm finally getting my parts this week :thumbsup: and have some questions and seeing if this idea of mine is possible heh

ok first, are ide 2 sata adapters any good? also is running raid a good idea?

now for my idea: from what i read from the board's features, it has 2 sata controllers and its 4 devices per a controller. now i recently bought 2 300gb ide drives (they were on sale) and i'm think of using raid with those using the ide 2 sata adapters and also add my 120 and 160gb hdds using the adapters on one controller.

for the other controller: my hdd mobile rack that has a 20gb hdd, dvd burner, cd burner and a dvd-rom again all using the ide 2 sata adapters. i do have a smaller hdd (12gb) hanging around the pc but that one i'm gonna leave out.

so do you think my idea is possible?

incase you missed the info on the mobo i'm getting, heres the link to again: http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec....atinum&class=mb

Avoid using IDE to SATA adapters. They aren't as realiable as the real deal of SATA. Either you IDE your RAID or don't do it at all.

hmm are they really that bad tho cuz i'm really trying to aviod using a ide card to add all thats needed i kinda figure that would be my best bet.

now as for ide raid, that i have no problem doing so but is it really worth to do?

try to get all the answers i need since the rest of my parts comes tomorrow and man i gotta say amd64 3800 has some nice weight to it compared to a damn near weightless p3 heh

My Sata to IDE connector fried the motor to one of my Harddrives. And in general, they are bad because it isn't like the real deal. RAIDing it at 0 is pretty good since it's a mirror. You don't get *600* gigs of space. Also it's ideal for backing up. So if windows hates you and decides to kill it self, you can just boot from the Disk image there (if your Windows partion is on it).

well it looks like i'll be using a IDE card then heh, i'll look for info on raid.

i think i might just get a sata hdd just to replace the 20gb i've been using for my mame roms so i can fit chds and any more roms that may come out.