Rayman 3 Saitek P880 Problem

skrkpksk

Hello.

I have Rayman 3 for PC and I installed it on my new computer, which is well above the requirements. The game works perfectly but my Saitek P880 gamepad doesn't seem to work with the game. In the Rayman 3 setup, the joystick camera movement axis worked but in the game itself, it does not work at all. I installed it before on my other computer which barely met the minimum requirements but the gamepad worked on it. Both computers are Windows XP Professional. Can someone please tell me what the problem is and how to fix it?

I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :)

Edited by skrkpksk

Did you install the control with the cd it came with? My gamepad braught a cd, and insite the cd it brings a program wich lets you set up the computer so some programs can be tricked into thinking that your pressing a keyboard button when your really pressing the gamepad button, check in your cd for if it has one of those, then if it doesnt work ,then the game might be the problem, and when that happens, you have to do what gryph said, test out the gamepad on a different game.

Yeah the gamepad works perfectly with other games such as in Sonic Heroes, Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, and others. I didn't use the profile editor to trick the game into thinking that the gamepad button is a button on the keyboard as I didn't create any profiles. I made a mistake earlier. My new computer is Windows XP Home Edition and my older computer is Windows XP Professional. But for some reason the gamepad worked perfectly in Rayman 3 on my older computer which is an XP Pro but it doesn't work on my new computer. So I know the gamepad is compatible with the game but I can't get it to work. Can anyone please help?

Thanks.

This may be a long shot but each PC game usually as a config.ini file or something like that which stores the key binding information. You could try to open that up in Notepad and manually change it and see if it works then.