FBA-XXX Pro and Power Instinct Matrimelee

Ebsy

Hope people don't mind me starting a new thread on this.

I'm having problems with power instinct matrimelee (matrim, matrimbl and matrimnd) and fba-xxx pro. I also had the same problems using djohngs previous build

When running matrimbl I get scrambled graphics and static sound. some sounds like the announcer are fine, and a few of the sprites are ok too.

matrim runs with perfect graphics but the sound is 100% static.

At first, I thought it was something I was doing wrong. but I used the exact same matrimbl set with bender's mameox and it ran perfectly.

Is this a problem with the driver?

btw, all my CRC's are 100% correct.

screenshot from the title screen...

matrimbl.jpg

CRC's...

crc.jpg

If anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

I would suggest using either matrimd, or matrimnd for now. The reason you're getting static sound is because the emu currently isn't decrypting the V ROMs. The above two sets use pre-decrypted V ROMs and so should work fine. If I can't get the PCM2 emulation code working then I'll just add the decrypted Vs to the matrim driver.

The matrimbl driver I haven't changed at all as yet. But I'll get round to taking a look at it at some point.

Edited by + T +

Nope, it's no good. I've tried 3 different versions of the PCM2 code. And it just locks up in the same place every time.

If anyone can offer any help or advice as to why this may be, I'd very much appreciate it. I'm just not much of a coder I'm afraid. :(

In the meantime I'll add the decrypted Vs to matrim.zip so at least it will work with full sound. I'll updated the download links once I've had some sleep. :)

+ T + I really appreciate you looking into this, thankyou.

I finally managed to get a hold of the decrypted V roms. the 4 bit swap using V2V didn't work out, but after some reading around I managed to get the correct CRC's. matrimd is absolutely fine. I can now sleep in peace! :)

Cheers,

Ebsy.