Just in case any of you forgot...

Daeval

I've been thinking of *ahem* "getting" Onimusha Tactics for GBA. Don't know if that's any good, but I'll try it anyway.

I wouldn't recommend it Agozer, the graphics aren't great, there is a lack of tactics in gameplay, and it really just an average game overall.

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance > Onimusha Tactics

Tactics Orge Knight of the Lodis > Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

EDIT: Oh, "getting" you say. Well go nuts. :P:D

Well, you are correct that Tactics Ogre beats FFTA by a long shot. and that the graphics aren't so great in Onimusha Tactics...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I classified AW completely different too FFTA.

Difference between RTSRPG and TTSRPG.

Eh, it's a blurry line, IMO, though I will agree that there is definately a line there. There's obviously no stat-building or item gathering in AW, but once you're in a battle it's not THAT much different. Fire Emblem is kinda the missing link between the two.

It seems like Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is the weakest of the bunch.

I would say that with confidence, excluding Onimusha since I've never played it.

Everyone who has played FFTA either doesn't like it when they compare it to the FFT. Which is the most likely reason.

Everyone who has played FFTA either doesn't like it when they compare it to the FFT. Which is the most likely reason.

That's a flocked up sentence.

But yes, I couldn't help comparing FFTA to the PSX FFT, seeing as it is essentially a non-story sequel / spinoff. There were things from FFT that were mysteriously missing in FFTA (like the godsend "try on" option in shops), and most of the new things in FFTA were just kind of lame or overcomplicated. The race/class thing was an interesting idea, but horrible in excecution, for example.

For one, I disliked FFT more so because it just didn't feel right, It was a good game, but i just didn't feel it. With FFTA, it was different. I actually liked what was going on. The system changes were good imo. I guess people hating on it is what happens when the same team tries to do something different.

That slightly reminded me of Capcom for a moment there.

For one, I disliked FFT more so because it just didn't feel right, It was a good game, but i just didn't feel it. With FFTA, it was different. I actually liked what was going on. The system changes were good imo. I guess people hating on it is what happens when the same team tries to do something different.

That slightly reminded me of Capcom for a moment there.

I don't mind when a team does something different, but I'm not going to let good experiences from the past smooth over specific changes that I feel are for the worst, especially in the same genre.

I welcome change in gameplay (La Pucelle Tactics, Disgaea, and Phatom Brave being a good series of examples), but when helpful features are just missing for no good reason, that's a different kind of different.

As far as the story goes, I really liked FFT's because it was more of a traditional fantasy story than the then contemporary Final Fantasy releases, but was told with a distinctly Final Fantasy flaire. The relationships and images were easier to identify with because they revolved around characters who were far more real than the walking sword with amnesia who was the main character in FF7. Pardon my blasphemy, all ye fanboys.

I couldn't really get into FFTA's story, but I'll be the first to admit it was because the system was so clunky. Talk about a third wall.

Edited by Daeval