How do i compile DSemu?

Normmatt

It comes with a makefile, so use that. I use nmake (which came with MS Visual C++, I believe)  for the makefile, but you could also use a port of GNU make or numerous other programs.

nmake is the ideal, but it MIGHT work with gmake. Just a matter of having a Windows port of it, and having Microsoft's compiler. (And, of course, you need to set up your include and library paths at the top of the Makefile.)

how the hell do i make it with the make file i opened it in nmake.exe and it said the makefile was upto date but it still wouldnt compile it why dont you just make a makefile from the build menu in visual c++ 6 it would make compiling much easyier

I don't think he uses Visual C++ 6 to code DSEmu

Yeh, therein lies the problem. I'm at least trying to go about this in a fully legal manner, which means I can't afford MSVC6 in full. So, I don't have a build menu <_<

If you change the paths at the start of the Makefile, then issue "make clean" and "make", you should end up with a working fileset. But if you're compiling it, you're making changes; if you're making changes, can you please let me know, so I can put them in the "official" codebase? :(

sorry for sounding like an idoit but how to i run the makefile i tryied running it with a.bat ext and opening it as a project in visual c++ 6 but both didnt do anything well the.bat thing did but it was full of errors

Try opening up a command line,

cd

to the directory you put the DSemu src in, and typing

nmake

What does that do? :banghead: