Help me! problem w/my (french?) Yoshi's Story ROM

powuh_of_PIE

I got this ROM for Yoshi's Story off of a french website and whenever I play it Project64 gives me this message: "Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 802800ECteq r0, a0 Stoping Emulation!" ;) What is this supposed to mean and how do I fix it?

P.S. If it helps any the name of the file is "Yoshi's Story (u) [f1].v64" I know that the part between the brackets should be an exclamation mark instead of "f1", could this be the problem?

Could be. I'd suggest getting a [!] rom image, wich is a verified good dump (hence [!]). Alternatively, you could try 1964.

[f] means Other Fix, but what that actually means, I'm not sure. Generally always go for [!], disregard the rest.

Edited by Agozer

Could be. I'd suggest getting a [!] rom image, wich is a verified good dump (hence [!]). Alternatively, you could try 1964.

[f] means Other Fix, but what that actually means, I'm not sure. Generally always go for [!], disregard the rest.

Thing is, I can't find a decent Yoshi's Story ROM anywhere. I was wondering if there was a way to "fix" the file so I could use it. Because I am NOT going to spend another 2 hours looking for another ROM.

P.S. If anyone wanted to just give me one that worked, I would be fine with that too. My email is thereisnospoon@netcitytw.com

;)

NOTE: This is not really a ROM request, because I would prefer my existing one to be fixed instead.

Nope, it says "Bad ROM? Run GoodN64 & Check for updated INI". I ran goodN64 and it didn't fix anything, YS still doesn't work. I checked for INIs too, but no luck there either.

Then it is a bad rom image and can't be fixed. INIs or GoodN64 can't fix it. Sorry, but you have to hunt down another image.

GoodN64 isn't a rom fixer per se. It's an auditing tool that simply checks if the image is bad + other archiving things.

Edited by Agozer