Reality Boy v0.8 Final Released

olaf

Reality Boy is a Nintendo Virtual Boy emulator for Windows. Below is the log of improvements in this version.

- 12/16/04 - Fixed some windows bugs (dialog close box works, set title bar, etc). Save frame captures in rom directory. Removed the screen wrap fix, it broke to many other games. I desperatly need to redo the debug code to be more compatible to windows. I finaly got a fast enough computer to need speed throtling, I hacked a quick solution together. Someday I will make it optional on the command line.

- 12/12/04 - I can't figure out the wraping problem, I have a psudo hack that is working for now, but I need to realy pin it down. I though maby there was a second set of overplane bits somewere but I can not find them. Im going to put this to rest after a thoural regresion test, I cant mess with it any more today. Anyway most games are 100% accurate now, and we only have 3 that are not playable.

- 12/11/04 - Fixed a screen wrap bug in Normal BGMap mode, this broke teleroboxer and VFish. Also its horibly implemented now, need to make it smarter (and faster). Now I dont overwrite the screen capture files, todo: save the files in the proper directory in windows. Messed with direct screen draws, a lot of work is needed here. 3D-Tetris shows off a CPU bug, vertical lines get mangled. Now all bug fixes form Red Dragon are fully incorporated.

- 12/04/04 - Made a comprehensive list of graphical bugs and started wittling them down. Most of the bugs come from not fully understanding how the objects wrap to the screen. I am confident that given the time the graphics system will be perfect by christmass (or nearly so).

- 12/01/04 - Added a new keyboard mapping and made it the default. Cleaning things up for the oficial 0.8 release.

- 11/26/04 - Fixed rotation finaly, there were several math bugs in Red_Dragon, but otherwise they had it right. I have a small number of bugs left to fix...

- Official Homepage