big issue with PC (urgent :( )

Mag

I really hate to throw this PC away after I get a new one, but this problem has been tormenting me since 2 years, the things I installed, might have cause a certain issue.

Whats this big issue ? I can't really elaborate the problem, all I can say is, whenever I play a PC game (even with the lowest requirement such as StarCraft, HL, etc), even an emulator, it perform only for 5 or less minutes then the screen went frozen. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with my video card, not sure if there is anything installed pulling me back.

any help is appreciated :P

Hmm.. sounds kind of hideous.. Time to go into my legacy SOE tech support mode.. hehehe...

First, we gather a little technical information so we can see what we're working with:

1) Go to Start, then Run, and type "dxdiag" (no quotes!), then hit enter and wait for it to finish loading.

2) Click "Save All Information..." on the lower right, and put the file, DXDiag.txt, somplace handy (you'll need it later).

3) Click on the "More Help" tab and then the "MSInfo..." button, and wait for that to load.

4) Make sure "System Summary" is selected in the left hand box, then go to File, then Export on the top menu.

5) Name the file MSInfo.txt and save it in the same place you saved DXDiag.txt. It will take a minute or two to create this file.

Once all that's done, close out of all windows and find those two.txt files you saved. These will contain a buttload of information about your system (mine are almost 500K). If you can post those as attachments, or host them somewhere else and link to them, that would be ideal. If not, I suppose you could cut and paste the contents here, but that would be a HUGE post and make it a lot harder to look through.

I'll look through them when I get some time and see if I can find the problem. Catch me on aim (if I'm away, just IM me anyway) if you can't host the files somewhere and you can just send them to me direct.