Fonts

Much of my work revolves around graphic design, and I have a hard time recalling the abstract names of particular replica fonts that I could use (or to download ones I don't have).

Can members of this forum please post the names of particular fonts from the fields of games (and maybe films). From well-known ones such as Unreal and Halo to more obscure ones such as Grand Theft Auto (III onwards) or Virtua Fighter.

I thought it would be a nice idea to build up a thread that listed as many well-known fonts as possible, all in the one place. (you could also post links to particular sites in some cases, but maybe Google searching the name will be enough...)

So if anyone knows of a replica font that is associated with a well known game, movie, TV show or anything else pop culture related, please post them here.

Also, please post requests for a font you are looking for. Maybe over time a worthwhile, useable 'database' could be built up.

Thanks. :lol:

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

I am currently (rather desperately) in need of replica fonts for the following early coin-op games:

Defender (Williams)

Donkey Kong (Nintendo)

Centipede (Atari)

I'm sure they exist. I would like to know the names of the replica fonts but links would be most helpful.

Help with any of these would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by shin_nihon_kikaku

Ignore the TrueType on the topic title. Just post your fonts or font links. I put True Type by mistake (maybe Gryph or Agozer can edit the title to just say fonts).

Doesn't True Type just mean that it works on a PC (rather than Mac, Linux etc)?

Thanks Gryph, good links. The only font that was useable for my current project was Arkanoid. Good work though. :lol:

• 5 years later...