fmsxDS Ver.0.03 Released!

Alpha

fmsxDS is a MSX emulator for the Nintendo DS that has been updated.

NOTE: Changes translated from English to Japanese using an online translator.

Don't you think? well, it is the いつ.の.間.に November. This year they are 2 months after. They are quick ones. If the compiler and the library it replaces, it does not pass compiling, you think that compiling passed, it does not move at all and it was serious. It reached the point where at last, it moves. The う - the む, the variety fumbling, you saw, although, touch panel does not go very well. Temporarily, as for touch panel, whether you abandon. As for renewal contents, in, set adjust scroll just screen 4 correspondence. Never, the spaceman bow was not thought corresponds to the side scroll of MSX2+ with. Changing scroll method with the machine, don't you think? it is the る. BIOS modified in MSX2 fixing. Because BIOS which you use changes, please note. In each case, try to be able to select. It tried changing the menu screen and the file selective picture, (it is and the leprosy and others doing to undertake) sound indicating the part where the screen at the time of the correction 212 dot is not visible in the lower picture Just the person who would like to try moving please.

»» Homepage / Download

Thanks to Samor for the news!

Did some testing (with a GBAMP):

The modified 0.02b that was posted about here by oshisama yesterday, has a much easier interface and supports subdirectories on the GBAMP (and M3) properly, unlike this version. However, this one has more features and a few improvements, such as better sound, and a (very early, as the calibration is off) touch screen keyboard.

How to set it up:

With both versions of fMSXDS, you need to put the MSX BIOS roms in the root directory of your CF card.

Modified 0.02B can run game roms/disks from subdirectories, fMSXDS 0.03 can't, so you'd have to put everything in the root dir (which looks a bit messy when you're using multiboot).

I just use DSLinux for some file management on the CF card; when I want to play a game on fmsxDS 0.03 I copy it to the root of the gbamp with DSLinux (the root shows up as the "gbamp" directory in DSLinux; if the root dir gets too messy with all the MSX rom/disk files, you can delete/move files with DSLinux - no need to put the CF card in your PC all the time that way :P

Addition: both versions don't like long file names; use 8.3 instead (fmsx 0.02b modified will show long filenames, but that doesn't mean it boots them).

Bottom line: 0.02b modified is easier to use, 0.03 has better emulation.

Of course in the (near) future new versions might (and hopefully will be) released that improve on these aspects.

Edited by Samor

• 2 weeks later...

warning =P

I tried to save to a disk image with this emulator, and I can't recommend that; it saved the disk with the same name as the emulator and this quite messed up the compact flash card's file system, so I had to format it =P

So, if you try this emulator, maybe it's better to not try saving to disk....