[1/1/03] Marvel Vs. Capcom

Game: Marvel Vs. Capcom

System: CPS2 ( Capcom )

Emulators: WinKawaks, Nebula, Mame

Well this is the first ever retro rant made by me, GameCop! For our first review ever I just had to pick the long awaiting Marvel Vs. Capcom! As you all know this game was emulated late 2001 and was one of the most anxious games to get. It was just impossible to see a message board without a request for Marvel Vs. Capcom or when it will be emulated. Surprisingly though Marvel Vs. Street Fighter was emulated first. Some people say that Marvel Vs. Capcom was really one of the games that brought them to emulation. Unfortunately today the Arcade is not what it used to be. Now of days, you can just get a Nintendo GameCube and play all day and watch your neighborhood arcade center go out of business. It's sad that we will never really see another game like this in the Arcade. Some may speculate it may happen, but I doubt it, arcades are dead.

Well anyways, I got to admit, I checked back on Rom Depot so many times to see if the emulated roms for the game was released yet or the XOR Tables. God... I probably searched so many times, to see if you can download one that worked. ( I really didn't know that much about XOR Tables at the time.) When I got my hands on the XOR Tables.. I just went through my whole hard drive looking for the unplayable rom, pasting the xor's and then right away playing it on the newly released " Final Burn Alpha". It was probably one of the most jubilant times. The game consisted of Strider Hiryu, Mega Man, and Captain Commando from previous Capcom games. I myself was in love with playing with Mega Man and Strider Hiryu. Especially Mega-Man's special was always a spectacular thing to see. The graphics though was always the same as other Capcom games with the characters. Unfortunately they never tried to enhance the details in the characters which really disappointed me. They really could have gone to the level with lets say, Ryu's face or something. I was still extremely happy though, the pace of the game was really great. It never really bored you. Such as the old Street Fighter II for Snes at times really got boring until Street Fighter II Turbo came out. I'd absolutely recommend any gamer to play this game. The music will never get out of your head and will really give you some unforgettable moments.

The only downside in this game was the specials... I really wanted them to change some of the specials on the characters and maybe even add some more menu options. If you got a lot of money in your hands though, I would probably even by this game from the Arcade.

Speed: 10

GamePlay: 9

Graphics: 6

Sound: 8

Overall I give this game a big, big, :wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't like the fact that you have to waste a supermove to change ryu to akuma and ken and back to ryu. I would rather use ken by himself.