About This File
What's New in Version 0.9.9.1
- August 18, 2014: 0.9.9.1 update released
- A few issues have been discovered in the release that need fixing, the Star Ocean fix had a bug and there are some unexpected slowdowns.
- NOTE: The Windows version of 0.9.7+ requires new runtime DLLs..
- July 22, 2014: 0.9.9 is here!
- PPSSPP 0.9.9 has been a long time coming but it's finally here! Here's the usual list of what's new:
- CLUT (paletted) texturing from framebuffers supported, fixing many graphical issues like the shadows in Final Fantasy: Type-0
- More types of framebuffer copies are now handled correctly, fixing a variety of graphical issues, like the sun in Burnout and many more
- Better savedata compatibility with the real PSP
- Support for more codecs used by "Custom BGM" and sometimes regular music in games: MP3, AAC
- PMP video format support
- Implemented some strange blending modes like ABSDIFF as shaders, fixing the outlines in DBZ Tag Team and more.
- Emulation of the vrot CPU instruction improved - it caused cracks in FF3 graphics before
- Many bugfixes around the UI, touch D-pad now works better when scaled large
- Workaround implemented to support Star Ocean's stencil trickery as efficiently as possible on all platforms
- Major corrections to module loading and memory management, fixing further games
- Bulgarian and Thai language translations were contributed
- Many, many more game fixes and bug fixes
- Please note that some of the new graphical fixes may cause slowdown in some games. If you are OK with the previous glitches and want to play at the previous speed, there's a new option "Disable slow effects" for you. Also try the new Display Resolution setting.