help with long horn and linux

Corn99

i used windows code name longhorn yeah it worked the first time i used it worked and installed most of my devices except one thing,PCI simple communication uhh something,and i think that affect the fact that my ethernet adapter and my dial up modem where not recognised and drivers couldnt be installed.can any one please help?and to the linux part now,i tried fixing my mess by reinstalling windows xp but when iam installing it says the installation program is corrupted upon further inspect of my windows xp cd(and all of my other o.s. cd's)were scratched so badly it is unfixable.so i think this is the doing of my nephew and neice, and to top it off it was them and they reformatted my hardrive using my o.s. cd's while i was out.the only cd that survived was mandrake linux 9.0(its a punishment from the god(s)!!!!.yeah linux if faster than windows but how the hell do i install program on it?now heres where i need help, ineed a bit torrent client that will work for linux and how to install it on linux(cause i canT use it for crap)also is their a aim client for linux i need to get in touch with someone.thanks in advance(good thing the nephew and niece...at least for another month!)

Edited by double99

Long horn alpha = bad stuff

It's current builds are pretty bad, but the classical 5131 is the best alpha. Currently it's built on WinXP Kernal with enhancments on it. It slowly expands into something bigger. Currently, the unleaked builds revleaded that you need a 3d accelleration card :)