Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Final Fantasy 7/8 burning question

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
Click to view battle stats
just a quick question, Do Final Fantasy 7 and 8 have that weird security on them you have to do before you burn? Just wanna know so i dont end up wasting all those CDs :D

Im burning copies of the original games by the way, and if it does have the security, do i just pick that one special option in Alchohol 120% that suposedly defeats it? (something to do with subchannel data i think)

DanManXZ

DanManXZ

cuz Premium costs more.

• Premium Members
  • 293 posts

just a quick question, Do Final Fantasy 7 and 8 have that weird security on them you have to do before you burn? Just wanna know so i dont end up wasting all those CDs :D

Im burning copies of the original games by the way, and if it does have the security, do i just pick that one special option in Alchohol 120% that suposedly defeats it? (something to do with subchannel data i think)

I think if you go to options, you can turn off protection of CDs. If not make images of the files then mount them and burn them with a CD copier.

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
i just risked it with Alchohol, burned in RAW/DAO, used Playstation format, and the default everything else and it worked, thanks anyway

DanManXZ

DanManXZ

cuz Premium costs more.

• Premium Members
  • 293 posts

i just risked it with Alchohol, burned in RAW/DAO, used Playstation format, and the default everything else and it worked, thanks anyway

Well dosent that destroy the CD. So I guess the copy protection doesnt work :D

Shibathedog

Shibathedog

Dreamcast Lover

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 5,221 posts
no, i burn everything in RAW/DAO mode, because its never failed me for anything

i just wanted to know if i had to make an ISO and patch it first, but i didnt, only the Japanese versions need it i found out :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users