MESS is a multi console emulator for various systems. Only the DOS & Windows binaries are updated so far.
New System Drivers Supported:
- [MSX2] Sony HB-F700P (Sean Young)
- [MSX2] NMS 8245 and NMS 8255 (Sean Young)
- [MSX] National FS-4000 (Sean Young)
- [MSX] Sony HB-75P (Sean Young)
System Driver Changes:
- [APPLE2] Fixed a regression in caching disk data that would cause data to be lost when switching disks, or for switching disks to not be acknowledged. [Nate Woods]
- [MSX] Rewrote memory emulation.
* Adds support for subslots
* Proper memory layout for the MSX2 drivers, with the diskrom in a subslot of slot 3.
* Adds support for Konami's Sound Cartridge (128kb)
* Adds support for Korean 90-in-1
* Adds support for Kanji ROM
If no cartridges are supplied, it sets the Sound Cartridge in slot 1 and the FM-PAC in slot 2. The Snatcher, SD-Snatcher and the Konami Game Collections now work. Note that Sound Cartridge also behaves as a normal SCC.
With one cartridge supplied the FM-PAC is still set in slot 2 so R-Type and other ROM cartridges can still use it. [Sean Young]
- [SUPERBRD] Updated driver with a better BIOS set and keyboard layout and added sound. [Claudio Nieder]
User Interface Changes:
- [Windows GUI] Minor bug fixes regarding software listing and CRC calculations with respect to clone and compatible drivers. [Nate Woods]
- The core is based on MAME 0.79. This incorporates all features of the update to this core. [MAME team]
- As a consequence of the MAME 0.79 core, which has massive changes to the memory system, there is a greater likelyhood of regressions in this MESS release (as with MAME.)
- Introduced automated messtest testing facility, in order to prevent regressions in the future. [Nate Woods]
- Internal error reporting enhancements for image loading; still some work to do. [Nate Woods]
Get it from this page.
Welcome to 1Emulation.comRegister now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
MESS 0.79 Released!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users