The MAME Compatibility Discrepancy?

So I played some MAME on the latest MAMEUI64 0.149u1 today and I am still surprised at how many games lack full or proper emulation. Some games are understandable as no one has actually properly emulated them -- but games like Street Fighter EX2 Plus, which runs almost perfectly using the Zinc emulator for years now, but doesn't on the latest version of MAME, makes no sense to me. Why is this?

I then look at a game like Marvel vs. Capcom 2, which is a NAOMI game, and that was pretty much fully emulated using nullDC years ago. This also includes Capcom vs. SNK 2000. Running these games will give you this big red warning box:

There are known problems to this game

The video emulation isn't 100% accurate.

The sound emulation isn't 100% accurate.

The game has protection which isn't fully emulated.

THIS GAME DOESN'T WORK. The emulation for this game is not yet complete. There is nothing you can do to fix this problem except wait for the developers to improve the emulation.

Of course, the game will run in MAME (couldn't get past the first screen with Capcom vs SNK 2000), but will be very laggy, and totally borked up.

At the same time, you can load any of those Naomi games in nullDC, and bada bing bada boom, it works GREAT.

The video from 1Emulation's own youtube channel a few years ago:

Why is this? :sad: