this mod was made by akuhak and all credit goes to him for this release.
quote by akuhak.
Original mortal kombat arcade game collection: Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II, Mortal Kombat 3 & Ultimate Mortal Kombat. They are similar to original arcade versions that was released on them. There is also 4 hacks of these games.
* Mortal Kombat is the first game in the Mortal Kombat fighting game series by Midway. It was released in arcades in 1992. It centers on the first Mortal Kombat tournament (Shang Tsung, Goro, and Raiden know it is actually the 10th tournament) and the ultimate defeat of the evil Shang Tsung by the monk Liu Kang.
Mortal Kombat (REVISION 4.0 9/28/92 Y unit) - unfortunately it is not latest version (latest is v5.0) and unfortunately it is not T chip revision. So there is no way to adapt such a hucks as Turbo and Nifty edition.
* Mortal Kombat II is an arcade game and the second title in the Mortal Kombat fighting game series. It focuses on a new tournament, held in Outworld by a rejuvenated Shang Tsung and his master, the emperor Shao Kahn.
Mortal Kombat II (REVISION 3.1) - this is latest revision so it is possible to add all possible hacks
* Mortal Kombat II 4.2 - hacked revision of MKII.
Uppercuts are faster
Cage does red shadow kick and uppercut every time
Cages shadow kick goes twice as far
Barakas roundhouse has awesome range
Noob Saibot after only six wins
Pong after only 20 or so wins
Secret characters vulnerable to missile weapons
Liu Kang has a red dragon fatality
Kung Lao has a bones in his hat fatality
* Mortal Kombat II 9.1 - very similar to 4.2. The main difference - possibility to fight Jade after 4 wins.
* Mortal Kombat II Challenger - the most popular hack. It contains all that was in the 4.2 and 9.1—
More difficult fight ladder that often begins with Kintaro or a hidden character
Dead Pool Fatality where you can punch the opponent out of the acid and make them stick in the air
Johnny Cage has full time red shadow moves and all of the secret characters can appear on the fight ladder
Super extended time to perform fatalities
Fight Noob a lot sooner
Play Pong a lot sooner
Uppercuts are faster
* Mortal Kombat 3 is the third installment in the Mortal Kombat series, released in 1995. It was updated into Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, and then later Mortal Kombat Trilogy.
Mortal Kombat 3 (REVISION 2.1) - latest revision. But this version has very bad-quality sounds.
* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 is a fighting game in the Mortal Kombat series, released in arcades in 1995. It is an update of Mortal Kombat 3 and was later ported to Mortal Kombat Trilogy.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (REVISION 1.2) - latest revision and high quality sound. So it was possible to adapt incredinle Juggernaut Hack.
* Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Juggernaut Edition - most popular hack.
The game reminds me of Mortal Kombat Trilogy. Added to the character select screen is Noob Saibot and Smoke. The original three unlocked characters are unlocked from the start, so there is no need to input that long kombat code to get them. Smoke plays the same as prior installments of UMK3. Noob Saibot is an interesting character. When you select Noob, it says "Kano Wins". Noob does not have any finishing moves and finishing moves cannot be done to him. Noob also retains his boss quickness and stamina. It is going to take many more hits for you to be finished if you are playing as Noob.
The game is quite difficult, as usual, but takes it a step farther. Prior to fighting Motaro, you fight Human Smoke or Noob. If you change the difficulty to very hard, the Master II tower is something only fighting game veterans dare face. Every round becomes an endurance with up to two or three fighters. Definitely a challenge.
Another great thing about this hack is that more bios have been included in the attract mode. In the original UMK3, the game alternated between Kitana, Jade, Reptile, and Scorpion. That is not the case with this update.
I really recommend Juggernaut edition and challenge hack.