Dreamcast Emulation

How close have they come to finally getting those darn'd emulators to work? I have been waiting for sooooo long and its just not here... or is it? I dunno, I'm asking you guys.

I am for computers and against consoles. What a waste of money. 200 bucks could easily be spent on a new mo-board, or more RAM. How 'bout a new HDD? Anything that has been made on the computer can be run on the computer. Nuff said.

By the looks of it, I think your gonna have to wait a couple of more years. You can always try DreamEmu, which you can play like freeware/small dreamcast games.

Otherwise, I'd recommend looking at this thread as well..

http://www.1emulation.com/forums/index.php...?showtopic=2368

Also if I were you, just buy a used dreamcast. That's what I did, only $30! The games are also very cheap and of course they are used, but hey it all works. :P

actually id say where pretty close to DC emulation

ive seen Soul Calibur running on a server that was running at about 4.7GHz, and at the rate where going with processor/video cards id say by the end of 2004

I mostly like PC games more than Console games too but i have to say i like the Dreamcast and older systems the best, well maybe not counting PSX, I know they can run on the PC, but theres somthing about playing the actual thing thats better, i dont mean i like playing and original instead of a CD-R, i mean playing with the original consol controller and everything. Theres just a certain feeling to it, specially the reasurring feeling that you know its going to work 100% correctly hehe and the older systems are like 40 Bucks tops and the games are like 30 tops, so you might as well get them, because ive seen consoles for 10 bucks and games for under a buck...WAY under a buck...like 10 cents