registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { return; } public function replaceOutput($output, $key) { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicView($output, $key); } } ?>registry = ipsRegistry::instance(); $this->settings =& $this->registry->fetchSettings(); } public function getOutput() { require_once( IPSLib::getAppDir('ibprobattle') . '/sources/battleHooks.php' ); $this->battleHook = new battleHooks( $this->registry ); return $this->battleHook->statsTopicViewJS(); } } ?> Upgrading to IP.Board 3.0? - Page 2 - Suggestions Box [/feedback] - 1Emulation.com

Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Upgrading to IP.Board 3.0?

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

Hard Core Rikki

Hard Core Rikki

Proud Fan

• Staff Members
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Emulation. Among others.
vB4 can be disqualified in advance IMO. The CMS pushes queries like its running on a cluster (+200 queries!)

CJ Jackson

CJ Jackson

Christopher John Jackson

• Premium Members
  • 492 posts
I would recommend switching to MyBB because it open source, more focus on forums rather then that community portal or CMS (that IPB are focused on) bullshit therefore running less queries.

Suggestion, Wordpress for the CMS part and MyBB for the forum part.

LoRd_SnOw

LoRd_SnOw

User of the night!

• Emulator Author
  • 619 posts
For anyone that's looking for low budget, mybb is considerably the more effective choice. Over the years IPB has done incredibly well to try and surpass Vbulletin. However Vbulletin still has a few features that are not in IPB, one being to permantly ban an proxy ip's, which i think also bans the original IP address, also. I could be wrong, but if anyone can explain it to me better, than please don't hold back.

Robert

Robert

Alchemist

• User Admin
  • 11,642 posts
I just want the FAS back.

The-Ice-Man

The-Ice-Man

King of the snowmen

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,179 posts
  • Interests:PC, Xbox, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Saturn, Mega Drive, Mega CD, SNES, Master System, Game Gear, Star Trek, Star Wars, Aliens, most other Sci Fi, comedy, theatre, acting, writing, computing, game modding.
Me too.

CJ Jackson

CJ Jackson

Christopher John Jackson

• Premium Members
  • 492 posts

For anyone that's looking for low budget, mybb is considerably the more effective choice. Over the years IPB has done incredibly well to try and surpass Vbulletin. However Vbulletin still has a few features that are not in IPB, one being to permantly ban an proxy ip's, which i think also bans the original IP address, also. I could be wrong, but if anyone can explain it to me better, than please don't hold back.

I don't think the budget matters any more, considering the features that you can get from open source MyBB, IPB and Vbulletin only has a few features more and often have an impact on performance therefore I don't think worth the hefty price they have set, it's just considered a rip off nowadays.

emsley

emsley

Emsley here. That's right.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,772 posts
  • Interests:Yelling.
I think its time The gamecop
Made a news/announcement post.

Hard Core Rikki

Hard Core Rikki

Proud Fan

• Staff Members
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Emulation. Among others.
v3 being more ressource-straining than v2, I wouldnt expect an update too soon, given how radically changed from v2 and the possibly still unforgotten pains of the previous updates.

That and there's no forum attack ssytem or arcade for v3.
Yet.

CJ Jackson

CJ Jackson

Christopher John Jackson

• Premium Members
  • 492 posts
STUFF upgraded his community to IPB 3.0, the User CP on that thing is terrible compared to IPB 2.x and MyBB 1.4.

Shoma

Shoma

-+The Ballistic Bad Batter+- (Legendary)

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,587 posts
  • Interests:games, girls and.......poetry
Um. I've been inspired (by Robert) to finish my nonsense. However, the blog doesnt accept new posts.
REasons?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users