Welcome to 1Emulation.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

do you sometimes hate windows?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Emsley here. That's right.

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 6,772 posts
  • Interests:Yelling.
Click to view battle stats
XP! What is it good for absaloutly nothing i tells ya!

Of course mircosoft dominate the software OS Market...

But you cant help but think that windows XP takes up Unessecery system resources?

On installing windows xp you always get the annoying Microsoft messenger in your task bar, oyu cant get rid of it, unless you un install windows componeants and the dam things are always interlooped.

i would love an operating system were it does not try to be anything to special, download what you need and install the dam thing!!!!!

Is there any sites out there that have instructions on nuking XP just to the bare essentials??? :lol:

Your Ayatollah of Rock N' Rolla!

• Admin
  • 7,450 posts
  • Interests:Face to face interaction, women, and some old games.
Windows XP itself uses 128MB of ram. So if you are experiencing slowness, upgrade your ram. :lol:

Hmm.. on removing Windows Messenger, you should give Tiger J a PM or u2u. He knows how to do all of this stuff. In fact our direct connect hub is run on Windows XP Professional with all the extra softs stripped out of it. The computer is also a Pentium 3, so you can imagine how much it helped.

Old Ambassador

• Premium Members
  • 144 posts
Yeah tiger posted lots of good xp tweaks here

to get rid of messenger just go to start run then paste this
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Spoony Bard

• 1Emu Veteran
  • 1,933 posts
I don't like how you can't do anything with DOS on XP. They made emulators for DOS games on XP, but its still kinda annoying. But don't make the mistake i did, i switched to 2000 which is worse :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users