IPC version?

ALckel

Does anyone here know what "IPC Version" means? I'm trying to play the homebrew game "Marshmallow Duel DS" (http://mduel2k5.spadgos.com/mduel96/mduelDS.php), and I'm having the following problems:

- Dualis version 20.4 won't open on my computer at all.*

- In version 20.3, Marshmallow Duel will only operate if I change "IPC Version" to v1.

- BUT I still can't play the game because the X and Y buttons don't work, regardless of whether I use the original keyboard settings or change them to my own.

Does the X and Y buttons not working have something to do with the IPC Version being v1? Should I report this as a bug in Dualis, or is this really just a problem with the way Marshmallow Duel was coded?

* (I use Windows XP Service Pack 2, and when I try to open dualis.exe, I get the message, "This application has failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.")

IPC has something to do with the pointer. The X and Y keys were never emulated in Dualis (well not in the last version I tried).

You will I think be better off with one of the newer emulators (Desmume, no$gba, iDeaS).